Friday, January 12, 2007

Rosie VS Donald

I have been following this feud since day one. Checking tmz.com multiple times a day while at work to find out who said what now. Here are my thoughts on the whole thing.

1) I like Rosie, always have. But she did take her original comments a little far. She was correct to say that Donald should not be looked at as a moral compass for anyone, let alone 20 year olds in America. With 2 ex wifes that he cheated on...no way. Her hair thing...funny stuff....face it, he has bad hair. But the whole bankrupcy...without having facts in front of her, she should have been cautious on what she said about it. Knowing what kind of sue happy person he is.

2) I don't like Donald as a person, but he has done some things on The Apprentice that have made me tune in. However, the comments he made were WAY out line. He was mud slinging at her like some little kid who didn't get his way. The comments he made were very offensive to many people. Especially those people who carry a few extra pounds. As a result, his new season is tanking because he offended people so much they won't watch it. I won't be...and I used to not miss an episode. I refuse to help promote someone who is so completely insensitive, ignorant, mean, and so many other words I can't put in here. I do find it funny now that his show is not doing so hot how he is trying to spin stuff. That is a clear sign of someone whose head is to big for themselves.

3) Barbara and defending Rosie. Barbara is a reporter, plain and simple, they are supposed to remain neutral..so I get why she didn't say something at first. I am glad she has now. Did she ever make comments to Donald about Rosie? I doubt it...his head is so warped that he probably spun "Rosie likes to keep things lively" into the whole lying with pigs comment. No..I think Barbara is ok.

I will be interested to see if this thing is over. I do feel bad for Rosie's family in this. Her kids have had to hear things they shouldn't have because of their mothers job. But I guess that is a price you pay when you become popular like she has.

In my mind Rosie wins this one.

No comments: