Monday, January 29, 2007

How much did that cost?


This weekend I had my neice. We had a fun time, did all the crazy stuff 2 year olds do. To cap off the weekend I decided to take her to Princess's on Ice. She is 2, she is a girl...what little girl doesn't like Princess stuff right? Well she loved the show...and I had fun watching her enjoying it. The issue I have isn't with the show itself, or even the cost of the show. It is with the cost of the little trinket crap that they sell every 5 feet.
Being the good aunt I am, I took her up to the crappy trincket booth and said...Peanut, pick out whatever you want. Well the guy working the booth is waiving a lit up wand kind of thing that he said played music but being that there were 10 thousand people there I didn't hear a thing. So my neice...being 2 and always picking the first thing she sees, says she wants the wand the guy is waiving...I say...wait, lets look at everything. So we pick out 3-4 things and I say, ok, we have it narrowed down, what do you want? She still picks the damn wand. Ok, I said she could get whatever she wanted to get so fine, I'll take the wand.
That will be $28 bucks the guy says. At first, nothing registers in my head. I had the guy the cash. My neice happily is waiving her wand. I am smiling because she is so happy. Then we get to our seats. I sit down, and it clicks. I just paid $28 freaking bucks! Wait I say to myself, was it really $28 bucks? Could that be? Why yes, it was. $28 freaking dollars for a peice of plastic!
Lesson learned, first of all, ask the price...Second...don't give a 2 year old cart blanche on whatever she wants. It isn't that I have trouble spending $28 on her...it is that it was $28 on a peice of plastic that is probably already been forgotten about and that will not light up, play the music or anything in 48 hours. Next time...I will go ahead and pick out some smaller ticket items that I won't get pissed about and let her pick from those. Instead of the $28 wand from hell!

No comments: