Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Need Feedback

So something interesting happened last week and everyone I talk to has mixxed emotions about it, so I thought I would ask y'all your thoughts.

I recieved a call from one of my employees that her mother died (very sad). It was the message she left me that has us talking...it goes like this.

"Lisa this is Milly (named changed). My mom died and I don't have money for the funeral, can you take up a collection at work so I can pay for it?"

End of message.

My next call was my boss, telling me that Milly had called her and told her she couldn't pay for the funeral and wanted a collection taken up, so I should start a collection.

So here is the question. Is it appropriate to ask your coworkers for money to pay for a relatives funeral? People I talk to are split 50/50. I have a very strong opinion one way, but I won't reveal it until all votes are in. Tell me what you think!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow okay that is tough. Part of me thinks it is ludicrous that she asked but when people are grieving they are not always themselves. I would tend to let it go and do what I could trying to believe her grief made her so blunt.