Friday, December 29, 2006

Why?

Why is it when you ask people to do their job they act like you are asking for their first born child? I don't get the work ethic of so many people today. I would say "young people" but it isn't just younger people, it is people of all generations. There is a huge sense of entiltlement going on out there. Why? I seriously can't figure it out and it drives me nuts.

These people seriously think that just by showing up to work and doing the bare minimum to get by for their jobs that they are entitled to promotions and large raises over others who work harder...all because they have been with a company a couple months longer.

These are also the same people who are given mini reviews several times a year, but when it comes to the big one with the raise at the end of the year say "you never told me I wasn't exceeding expectations" and "why didn't i get a bigger raise".

I need to figure this out, let it go or something, or I am going to go nuts. I hang onto this kind of stuff far too much. I take it as a personal failure that I can't get through to them. Is it a failure on my part? People tell me it isn't but then why do I feel this way?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree. I hate it when I know I have pulled my weight more than others, yet they get a bigger raise.