Friday, April 18, 2008

TGIF!!!!

Thank god its Friday! What a long week its been. Nothing dramatic happened, but I feel like life has been sucked out of me! This will be the first weekend in a long time we will be home and not at the hospital without having plans. My goal is to have a "normal" weekend. Doing stuff I used to do, prior to 5 months ago, on the weekends. You know, clean, relax, do errands...stuff like that. I even came up with a to do list since there is so much to do!

Mom is making steps forward. It has been about 3 steps forward, 1 step back for the last 3 weeks. She can now get out of bed, use the bathroom, stuff like that. Still in the hospital though. Not physically ready to go to rehab. They have certain things she needs to be able to do physically that she can't from being kept in bed for 8 weeks. So she has to rebuild to them. The Dr is hoping in the next few weeks though she will get to rehab. Although it will most likely be the rehab right by the hospital vs the one close to home. They just want to be safe because she has need some extra dialysis sessions due to being in bed so much. And if that happened on the weekend, they would end up taking her to the hospital anyways...2 hours away...so might as well keep her near there until she gets out of that pickle.

Last night I purchased a bunch of wine for when my friend comes over to visit next week...I have a feeling though that it will all be gone by then.

My goal this weekend: Relax!

No comments: