Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Yummo

Today was the first day in a long time I actually brought lunch to work. For over a year I have went out to lunch every day. Yes..that is allot of cash out of my pocket...but that didn't bother me. I went because I needed to get out of the office to clear my head for awhile. Needless to say, going out every day also added on the pounds. Lately it has been healthier choices...salads...brothy soups...subs with no cheese or mayo...stuff like that. But in my effort to hit the big Two Oh this week, I figured I should be bringing some lunches.

Today I had a WW Meatloaf. Now I had never tried the WW brand...Lean Cuisine sure...but never WW. And damn it was good. It reminded me distinctly of the tv dinner meatloaf of my youth. Same taste and texture. I had flash backs to the aluminum tray being put into the oven and mom pealing back the aluminum cover. Remember those? I sure do. They were a treat in my house. My dad being a meat and potatoes farmer man liked to have nice home cooked meals, so we only got these when he wasn't home. We each got to pick out which one we wanted. Mine usually was meatloaf or meatballs. Considering I hardly eat red meat anymore this is odd...but I loved them. Call me weird, you won't be the first person. I am a sucker for tv dinners and memories. So WW meatloaf will definately get my repeat business. All for 5 points!

No comments: