Friday, February 9, 2007

Salespeople

I miss the days when electronic sales people worked on commision. Why? Because they really knew their products. You could ask them anything and they knew it...they had to in order to earn a paycheck. An "I don't know" wouldn't suffice to a customer.

Today, with the sales people making an hourly rate that they get paid wheather they make the sale or not, they aren't motivated to learn their products so much.

Case in point: Yesterday I went to a store that will remain nameless to pick up a gift card. But while I was there, I wanted to check out the video mp3 players. I am trying to decide between the video Ipod, the Zune and the Creative Vision. I walked up to the kiosk and a sales person asked if I needed help. I said "yeah, I am trying to decide between these three". The sales person looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language first of all. Then he couldn't figure out how to power up any of them except the Ipod. When I asked questions, he started spouting the basic facts that I already knew from looking at the manufactuers web site. I was frustrated. I said, "yeah I know all of that, what do you think of them". To which I was greated by silence so I thanked him and walked away.

So readers, if you have any feedback on either the video Ipod, the Zune or the Creative Vision, please let me know. Because I can't seem to get any information from the electronics store. Thank you.

No comments: