Monday, February 5, 2007

Packers vs Bears


I live in a northern suburb of Chicago Illinois, but I am orginally from Wisconsin. Living where I do I find that there are just as many Packer fans as there are Bears fans. So when the question is posed to me, Packers or Bears, I half heartedly say "Oh I really don't follow football". Which is the truth, I don't. Sure I go to Superbowl parties, but that is only for the food!
So unless you are living under a rock, you know that the Bears lost yesterday. It was a decent effort but they just didn't have it in them. Listening to the radio on the way in to work today and here at work all I am hearing is Bears bashing! You would think that the Bears had committed murder or something!
Again, I am not a football fan. but one thing I will say is when the Packers went to the Superbowl in 98 and lost, the fans and the state still stood behind them. They were still the heros of the state. They could do no wrong.
So based on how the fans have reacted to the loss of their beloved Bears, I have decided that when someone asks me who I like better, I will now proudly say Packers. For the simple reason that I would rather be lumped with those die hard, we don't care if you win or lose fans then the fly by night Bears fans.
Go Packers! Go Brett Favre! (who I once met but that is another post)

No comments: